YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Hip-HopDigital.com qualifies for the alternative option by allowing you to opt-out or opt in to the use of your personal information by third parties for direct marketing purposes as described below. Therefore, we are not required to maintain or disclose a list of the third parties that received your personal information for marketing purposes during the preceding year.
If you are a California resident and request information about how to exercise your third party disclosure choices you must send an email request to email@example.com with the phrase “Your California Privacy Rights” in the subject line. The response will be sent to the email address from which the request was received. We will not accept requests via postal mail, the telephone, or by facsimile. We are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly or do not have complete information.
How Does Hip-Hop Digital Media LLC Collect and Use Information About You?
The information learned from Hip-HopDigital.com’s users, members and customers helps Hip-Hop Digital Media LLC to personalize and continually improve your experience at Hip-HopDigital.com. Here are the types of information Hip-Hop Digital Media LLC gathers and how this information is used:
Automatic Information: Hip-Hop Digital Media LLC receives and stores certain types of Automatic Information whenever you interact with Hip-HopDigital.com. Here are the types of Automatic Information Hip-Hop Digital Media LLC gathers and how it is used:
IP Address: Your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address is a unique identifier used to connect your computer to the Internet. Your IP address also is stored in Hip-HopDigital.com’s user registration databases when you register with Hip-HopDigital.com.
IP addresses may be used for various purposes, including to:
- Help Hip-Hop Digital Media LLC identify you and your shopping cart and to gather broad demographic information.
- Diagnose service or technology problems reported by Hip-HopDigital.com users or engineers that are associated with the IP addresses controlled by a specific Web company or ISP.
- Estimate the total number of users visiting Hip-HopDigital.com from specific countries or regions of the world.
- Track visits to and business at Hip-HopDigital.com’s stores.
- Help determine which users have access privileges to certain content that Hip-HopDigital.com hosts.
Web Beacons: Web pages may contain electronic images (called a “single-pixel GIF” or “Web beacon”) that allow a website to count users who have visited that page or to access certain cookies. Hip-Hop Digital Media LLC uses Web beacons in the following ways:
- Within Hip-HopDigital.com in order to count users and to recognize users by accessing Hip-HopDigital.com cookies.
- To personalize your experience when you visit Hip-HopDigital.com.
- Mobile Device Unique Identifier: Hip-HopDigital.com may from time to time provide services that allow users to access and customize Internet content through mobile phones, PDAs and other alternative devices. These devices may collect different information than what is collected by computers.
- When connecting to Hip-HopDigital.com using a mobile device that provides Internet access, if the mobile device service provider uniquely identifies the device, Hip-Hop Digital Media LLC will receive this information.
- Hip-Hop Digital Media LLC may use this unique mobile device identification information to offer extended services and/or functionality.
- Certain Hip-HopDigital.com services may require the collection of the phone number for your device. Hip-Hop Digital Media LLC may associate that phone number to the mobile device identification information.
- Some mobile phone service providers in the United States are required to operate a system that will pinpoint the physical location of devices that use their service.
- Depending on the provider and if you are located in the United States, Hip-Hop Digital Media LLC may automatically receive this information.
- Hip-Hop Digital Media LLC may use and store this information to provide enhanced location-based services as well as to serve location-targeted advertising.
Personal Information: Hip-Hop Digital Media LLC also receives and stores information that personally identifies you. The types of personally identifiable information that may be collected at Hip-HopDigital.com include: name, address, email address, phone number, fax number, billing address, shipping address, product selections, order number, referring URL, IP address, password, username, how you got to know about Hip-HopDigital.com, gender, occupation, personal interests, your age and information about your interests in and use of various products, programs, and services. You voluntarily provide this personally identifiable information when you enter it on Hip-HopDigital.com to sign up as a member of Hip-HopDigital.com, whether in connection with a newsletter subscription, when you enter a sweepstakes, promotion or contest and/or other special benefits.
At Hip-HopDigital.com, you can submit personally identifiable information about other people. For example, you might submit a person’s name and email address to email a Hip-HopDigital.com news story and, if you are located in the United States, order a gift on Hip-HopDigital.com and want it sent directly to the recipient, you might submit the recipient’s name and address. The types of personally identifiable information that may be collected and stored about other people at Hip-HopDigital.com include: recipient’s name, address, email address and telephone number. Hip-Hop Digital Media LLC does not knowingly share with, rent, transfer or sell personally identifiable information that you submit about other people to any third parties or nonaffiliated entities.
If you would like to update the information you provide in your membership account or unsubscribe to newsletters, please send an email request to firstname.lastname@example.org. New categories of marketing communications may be added to the account preferences page from time to time. Users who visit this page can opt-out of receiving future marketing communications from these new categories or they can unsubscribe by following instructions contained in the messages they receive. Hip-Hop Digital Media LLC reserves the right to send you certain communications relating to Hip-Hop Digital Media LLC services, such as service announcements, administrative messages, and the Hip-HopDigital.com newsletter without offering you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving them.
If you are located in the United States and make a purchase on Hip-HopDigital.com, Hip-Hop Digital Media LLC will collect and store your personally identifiable information. When processing an order on Hip-HopDigital.com, Hip-Hop Digital Media LLC needs to know your name, mailing address, billing address, email address, telephone number, product selection, order number, credit card number, security code, and expiration date. This information is necessary to process your order and to keep you updated on your shipping status. Hip-Hop Digital Media LLC may share such information with companies that help us process information, extend credit, fulfill customer orders, deliver products to you, manage and enhance customer data, provide customer service, assess your interest in our products and services, or conduct customer research or satisfaction surveys. These companies are also obligated to protect your personal information in accordance with Hip-Hop Digital Media LLC’s policies.
Does Hip-Hop Digital Media LLC Ever Share Information with Other Parties?
- Hip-Hop Digital Media LLC provides the information to trusted partners who work on behalf of or with Hip-Hop Digital Media LLC and under confidentiality arrangements. These companies may use your personal information to help Hip-Hop Digital Media LLC communicate with you about offers from Hip-Hop Digital Media LLC and our marketing partners.
- Hip-Hop Digital Media LLC responds to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise Hip-Hop Digital Media LLC’s legal rights or defend against legal claims.
- Hip-Hop Digital Media LLC may also disclose information about you if it determines that for national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary.
- Hip-Hop Digital Media LLC displays targeted advertisements based on personal information. Advertisers (including ad serving companies) may assume that people who interact with, view or click on targeted ads meet the targeting criteria (for example, women ages 18-24 from a particular geographic area). By interacting with or viewing an ad you are consenting to the possibility that the advertiser will make the assumption that you meet the targeting criteria used to display the ad.
Hip-HopDigital.com may contain links to other sites whose information practices may be different than the information practices of Hip-Hop Digital Media LLC. Users who click over to a third-party site from a link on Hip-HopDigital.com must be aware that Hip-Hop Digital Media LLC makes no warranties with regard to that site’s policies or business practices. Hip-Hop Digital Media LLC is not responsible for any transactions that occur between the user and the third-party site. Please consult the other sites’ privacy policies, as Hip-Hop Digital Media LLC has no control over information that is submitted to or collected by these third parties. Should a user purchase any products or services from that third-party site, the user must contact the third-party site directly regarding any disputes that might occur, including but not limited to delayed shipping, missing products, damaged goods or pricing and billing discrepancies. Hip-Hop Digital Media LLC is not responsible for the actions of any third-party site.
Business Transfers: As Hip-Hop Digital Media LLC continues to develop its business, it might sell or buy assets. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets. Also, in the event that Hip-Hop Digital Media LLC or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information will be one of the transferred assets.
It is possible that due to fraud or deception by others, Hip-Hop Digital Media LLC may unknowingly receive information pertaining to children under the age of 13. If Hip-Hop Digital Media LLC is notified of this, once Hip-Hop Digital Media LLC has verified the information, Hip-Hop Digital Media LLC will promptly delete the information from its servers or otherwise obtain parental consent.
Public Forums: Hip-HopDigital.com has forums, message boards and newsgroups available to its users. Please remember that any information disclosed in these areas becomes public information. Exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information, personally identifiable information you submit to one of these forums can be read, collected, or used by other individuals to send you unsolicited messages. Hip-Hop Digital Media LLC is not responsible for the personally identifiable information you choose to submit in these forums. As these forums are public and open for users to interact with each other, Hip-Hop Digital Media LLC expects all its users to respect the rights of others.
Consent to International Information Transfers: Hip-HopDigital.com is operated in the United States and is intended for viewing solely in the United States. While Hip-Hop Digital Media LLC is committed to providing your information with a high level of privacy protection, you should know that the general level of protection for personal information in the United States may not be the same as that provided in other countries. If you are located outside of the United States, please be aware that any information you provide to Hip-Hop Digital Media LLC will be transferred to the United States. By using Hip-HopDigital.com, participating in any Hip-HopDigital.com services and/or providing Hip-Hop Digital Media LLC with personally identifiable information, you fully understand and unambiguously consent to this transfer and the collection and processing of information in the United States.